This week has been jam packed- work, dinner dates, Christmas parties, festive adventures, crafting, Xfactor, Pringle nibbling, gingerbread, mitten-hand holding, frosty mornings, Christmas fabric and hugs.
1. Family. Being sent videos of my family singing 'Last Christmas' because they know it'll boost my Christmas Spirit levels. The following week one of my other sister's sent me a video of her little one singing too- these are the best kind of texts.
2. Adventures. Saturday my friend and I visited a castle in Kent (more on that in a future post). I think my favourite type of adventure is a winter one. Pretty walks cosied up warm in a coat, scarf and mittens in frosty sunshine is quite something... a miniature fairground and Christmas crafts help too.
3. Tree shopping. This has to be one of my favourite festive things to do. Picking your Christmas tree, getting it wrapped it up in the mesh string, tackling it into the car, struggling it up a flight or two of stairs in our town house and finally cutting the mesh off (after leaving it to soak overnight) and realising it looks WAY bigger than you thought it did. Oops. Our tree now fills our lounge but is a little stunner!
4. Handmade gifts. Sebastian and I have spent this afternoon making scented soy candles. I cannot wait to show you, they look so pretty. Tomorrow we are making organic lip balms and I will probably do some sewing. Then it'll be some sparkly spiced biscuits left to make.
5. Friends. This was my fifth happy thing last week and it's my fifth happy thing this week. I love them. I love them all. When times get hard, difficult or just plain silly they are ALL there for me. ALL these special friends know exactly who they are and I could not have managed these past few weeks without them.