What a lovely few days. The festive vibes were high, the family content was plenty, the long sleep filled nights and lazy mornings were much needed. My stomach is full to the brim with delicious roasts and naughty treats. My body feels relaxed and far too lazy... and I am so not ready to go back to work tomorrow!
1. Food. Wowee have I stuffed my blushed cheeks with some yummy dinners, snacks and late lunches. I am officially in need of SO much fruit, juices and water! That MAY have to be my diet from now.
2. Family. It was so lovely to spend some quality time with my Papa and older brother (& their ladies) on Christmas Day. We went for a long walk with the two cute pups, we sat around the table and talked about the old days and ate a lovely dinner sipping on wine and after watching the Jungle Book.
Boxing day was filled with most of my siblings and their children for a traditional Boxing Day get together. It was such a wonderful atmosphere.
3. Tree lights. Sitting in a dark lounge with just the tree lights twinkling is just heavenly. If only it could be this beautiful all year round. I must admit I am quite tempted to keep the fairy lights up around the windows. It makes the room so much more cosy and comfy.
4. Days off. Having four days off in a row has just been so lovely. I do wish I had two weeks off like most... but I am grateful for the four. It has been just enough time to properly chill out and relax without any deadlines. the week before Christmas was just such a mad rush.
5. Life. I am so grateful with life at the moment. I easily take things for granted and I need to be more appreciative of these things. Family, Love, quality time spent with loved ones, rain, snow, sunshine. Warm cosy jumpers and twinkly tree lights. I love life and 2015 will be more of a reason to love life more!