It has been a very tough week for me this week, physically and emotionally. As you are aware I had a very minor operation on Monday and I had planned to go back to work on Wednesday. Oh little did I know. I was the most sleepiest I had ever been on Tuesday (must have been the general anaesthetic!) and dozed for most of it. I had absolutely no energy to go back to work at all! So every day after that was spent snuggled on the sofa under blankets, watching films and napping... including today!
I struggled to dress myself, shower and even eat... it was rather frustrating but I am on the mend. Yay.
The happy things that got me through this week...
1. Sebastian. Well this beautiful husband-to-be of mine has been my absolute rock. Not only did I make him stay with me all day Monday but he has been looking after me so much this week. Flowers, grapes, chocolate, biscuits. Helping me get dressed, plaiting my hair, making sure I'm taking my medication. He has been a STAR. Bless him.
2. Visits. I have had a few visits and phone call check ups and lovely texts from dear friends and family this week. Their visits have made lazy days more bearable, they've brought with them flowers, Parisian macarons and cuddles.
3. Comfort. A whole week of wearing PJs and NO make up. It couldn't get any better could it? Pure comfy days.
4. Harry Potter. This week has given me the opportunity to have a Harry Potter marathon fully inclusive of blankets, chocolate and a snowy outside.
5. Future. Sebastian and I have made some pretty exciting plans for the future and I cannot wait. I have not had the mindset or the physicality to do anything at all this week and I have wanted to even more so... but I must not rush time.