This week has been very hard and I almost didn't have it in me to even write a Happy Things post... but then I saw my senses. I WILL pick five things that have kept me going this week!
1. Tulips. Coming into my lounge on a daily basis being greeted by bunches of pastel tulips and bright yellow daffodils have been the ultimate best after a long day.
2. Friendships. I mean the real longlasting kind. You know the ones that you probably met at playschool and were secret BFFs and then you meet them again 7 years later and you become real BFFs and at 28 those are your soul mates. Friendship soul mates. And even though your other best is 624 miles away your ties are tightly linked through the power of WiFi and you just feel wonderfully thankful.
3. Late night adventures. Last night Sebastian and I watched a rubbishy film and I was so badly craving cola and Rice Pudding. We took a little stroll down the hill to Tesco and fulfilled our needs before returning to the bad film.
4. Coffee Dates. These are my favourite weekend activities. Sebastian and I enjoyed a caramelatte and ham and cheese toastie while trying to boost my sadness yesterday. These small dates are my favourite moments with him lately.
5. Hot-cross-bun bread. This morning we enjoyed a toasted slice or two of super buttery apple & sultana bread with a mug of tea and it was the yummiest thing.
Remember... if you are ever feeling down, try and write a list of things that make you happy and I promise it will make you feel so much better. Appreciate the little things in life.